Every Thursday Wills goes on WWAY News and reports the strange and offbeat stories they didn’t cover. Check out this comedy segment every Thursday at 6:30am on Good Morning Carolina/11pm on WWAY CBS and Fridays on the 10pm CW News.
What Did We Miss? Man tightrope walks across the Tiber River
- Andrea Loreni tightrope walked the width of the Tiber River.
- A couple in Colorado was targeted by a scammer pretending to be a part of the show Property Brothers.
- A drunk driver in New Jersey did not notice the traffic sign sticking through the sunroof of her car.
What Did We Miss? 16-year-old builds rollercoaster in his backyard
- A man stole $400 worth of jerky from a convenience store.
- A bakery in Finland is making bread using flour ground from crickets.
- 16-year-old Logan Moore of Kentucky built a wooden rollercoaster in his backyard.
Travelers can ride this motorized luggage like a cart
- Modobag introduces a new motorized luggage that’s rideable.
- A restaurant in Italy only seats two people.
- Albie Mushaney is a bodybuilding Santa Claus.
What Did We Miss? Flat Earth Convention held in Cary, NC
- Globe deniers gathered in Cary, NC for a flat Earth conference.
- NYPD are looking for a woman who shipped two stolen photographs back to the museum.
- Police in Mississippi are pulling people over to surprise them with a free Turkey.
What Did We Miss? Hidden chamber discovered in Great Pyramid of Giza
- A new void has been discovered inside the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
- Wisconsin police responded to call about a, uh… chicken crossing the road.
- Check out Bonetics, a break dancer with a mesmerizing and unique style.
What Did We Miss? Man flies in chair tied to 100 helium balloons
- Todd Morgan flew for 15.5 miles by attaching helium balloons to a chair.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder’s plane got a massive dent on the nose and it’s not clear why.
- A Wisconsin man spent the night drinking in a store’s locked beer cooler.
Intoxicated man tries to steal fire truck
- A man tried to steal a fire truck immediately after getting into an accident.
- Thousands dressed up and ran in the “Where’s Waldo 5K”
- Scientists have designed a new program to get crows to throw away cigarette butts.
Microsoft builds treehouse offices
- Microsoft has built treehouses for their employees to work in.
- The Lucca Orchestra was conducted by Yumi, a dual-armed robot.
- Kittie Weston-Knauer is the oldest female BMX racer at 69 years old.
Cop shoots at actor who was playing a robber
- Ken Ayers, Jr. is the new “Lionfish King” after killing 1250 lionfish in a 4 month challenge.
- Officers mistook a film set for an actual robbery and fired at an actor.
- A high school was evacuated due to a strange smell that turned out to be a pumpkin spice air freshener.
Giant puppets roam the streets of Geneva
- Headland, Alabama is holding a scarecrow contest.
- 2 giant puppets of a grandmother and her granddaughter walked the streets of Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Gilmore Car museum is letting visitors drive a Ford Model T.
Machete-wielding woman wants the Kardashians to ‘Stay away from Cuba’
- Maricia Medrano stormed the Kardashians’ DASH boutique and warned the family would be killed if they don’t “Stay away from Cuba”
- An Australian man rode the train on the outside by holding onto the windshield wiper.
- A group of people just finished spending 8 months in a Mars simulation in a dome in Hawaii.
Teen crashes forklift into gas station out of spite
- A 14-year-old runaway steals a forklift and crashes it into a gas station.
- Police chase a runaway kangaroo.
McDonald’s sells the very last McPizza
- An update on the mysterious object found on the beach
- McDonald’s has completely stopped selling the McPizza, which was discontinued in all but 2 stores 20 years ago.
11-year-old girl flips house to save for college
- American Nicholi Rogatkin won the Red Bull District Ride Best Trick contest in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Close to a thousand people clashed in Las Vegas when a man started throwing several $100 bills in the air.
- 11-year-old Madison Bue bought a house and is renovating it so she can sell the house and use the profits for her college fund.
Couple visits all 645 Cracker Barrels in the U.S.
- Ray and Wilma Yoder of Indiana have visited every Cracker Barrel in the United States.
- Matt “Aristotle” Burns defended his title at the World Air Guitar Championships.
- Two cats have inherited $300,000 from their late owner.
Chimps can play rock-paper-scissors
- Unity, Maine celebrated it’s annual Axe & Saw Day.
- Chimpanzees can understand rock-paper-scissors.
- The town of Malmedy, Belguim used 10,000 eggs to create a giant omelette.
Mysterious metal object found on beach
- The 4th annual waterfall jumping contest in Jajce, Bosnia
- An unidentified metal object can be seen at low tide at a beach in Rhode Island
- An artist who creates his sketches using tobacco and gunpowder
Chefs wear scrubs in operating room themed restaurant
- An Egyptian restaurant is themed around operating rooms. Chefs dress in scrubs and serve liver sandwiches. Nothing else.
- The world’s largest bouncy house is now on tour!
- A father in Iowa converted part of his farm land into a baseball field.
Car has been stuck in tree for over 3 decades
- A car in Abbeville, LA that has been stuck in a tree for over 30 years. Residents have finally learned why.
- The rising popularity of drone racing.
- Mexican chefs have prepared the largest sandwich ever made in Latin America. It is 220 feet long!
Creepy Clown Motel next to cemetery up for sale
- 37th Annual Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest
- A mansion for sale that is completely filled with mannequins.
- The Clown Motel in Tonopah Nevada which is now for sale.
Angry Taco Bell Customer destroys restaurant
- A salt and pepper shaker convention. Yes, a whole convention. A convention for salt and pepper shakers
- A man loses it and smashes things at a Taco Bell.
- A group of Egyptian students called “Egyptian Big Hero 6” have invented a robot that makes cotton candy all on it’s own.
Several compete in “cluck off” at the Annual Chicken Show
- Wayne, Nebraska held their 37th Annual Chicken Show which includes a chicken flying contest and a cluck off.
- Thanks to a false rumor, hundreds of people in Memphis believed that NBA star Zach Randolph would pay for their utilities.
- A couple finally removed the alarm clock that was trapped inside their wall and going off daily for 13 years.
New device turns songs into flavored drinks
- Madison, Wisconsin held their annual log rolling championship.
- A war memorial in Indiana had a misspelled engraving for the “War on Terriorism”.
- A new device called “Squeeze Music” takes songs and then mixes drink based on the song’s emotions.
Car thieves busted after awful paint job
- Addison Joy’s stolen SUV was spotted by police because of the the thieves awful spray paint job.
- Check out the newest innovation to cornhole: electronic boards.
- Paris held their first ever Beard Championship.
3 Teen cadets stole LAPD squad cars
- Three teenagers in the LAPD cadet program gamed the system to steal 3 police vehicle as well as radios and stun guns.
- “Sometimes Spouse” is a company that lets you rent either a husband to do handy work or a wife to clean your home.
- Katerina Soldatou performed an extreme aerial silk routine while hanging from a bridge as part of her “Greece has soul” series.
“French Spider-Man” scales 29 story building without a harness
- Police in Racine, Wisconsin train their K-9 units by taking them through a haunted house.
- A pet tortoise is found after running away from home for the third time.
- Alain Robert, aka French Spider-Man, climbed up a 29-story hotel in Barcelona without any equipment.
Dr. Seuss museum opens in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Augusta, Maine’s City Hall had to be sprayed for pests after a disgruntled man slammed down a cup filled with over 100 bedbugs.
- Noblesville Boys and Girls Club in Indiana held a bed racing tournament.
- A furniture store has changed their name to “Netflix and Chill Furniture Store.”
- A new Dr. Seuss museum has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Homer Simpson inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
- The Baseball Hall of fame in Cooperstown, NY held an induction ceremony for Homer Simpson to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Simpsons episode “Homer at the Bat”.
- Ryan Belz set the new record on “The Price is Right” for Plinko with a win of $31,500.
- Gurchran Singh and Parvinder Chahal, a married couple in New York, chased a pair of robbers out of their convenience store using a bat and a stick.
Over 7000 roosters found in largest cockfighting ring bust in US history
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department conducted the largest cockfighting ring bust in US history.
- A Canadian miner found a fossil that turned out to be a Nodosaur, a previously undiscovered dinosaur species.
- A new food delivery service utilizes roving robots.
Man gets ticket for hitting goose with plastic bat to defend son
- A tanker in Philadelphia leaked chocolate onto the road.
- A father got ticketed for animal cruelty after protecting his son from an angry goose.
- Meet Kinyah Briggs-Bean, the 8-year old CEO of BChill lemonade.
Mom pulls gun on barber when son’s haircut takes too long
- A mom pulled a gun on a barber-in-training for taking too long with her son’s haircut.
- A public restroom in New York City gets a $300 makeover.
- Two eighth graders won a science fair by proving fast food burgers do not decay over time.
Someone is shaving other people’s cats
- This week there’s a random cat shaver in Virginia.
- A New Jersey florist is in trouble for regularly stealing flowers from a nearby cemetery.
- Parents at an elementary school aren’t happy that the principal set up a “smash space” for teachers to let out stress.