Every Thursday Wills goes on WWAY News and reports the strange and offbeat stories they didn’t cover. Check out this comedy segment every Thursday at 6:30am on Good Morning Carolina and News at 11 and Fridays on the 10pm CW News.
Oregon golf resort employs goat caddies
- New York and Tennessee are fighting over who invented the Long Island Iced Tea.
- CDC’s tick tweet ruins poppyseed muffins for some.
- The Silvies Valley Ranch golf course now has goats for caddies.
Raccoon family crashes through ceiling of home
- A family of 6 raccoons drops into a home in Michigan.
- A man is in dispute with the HOA over whether his house is gray or purple.
- An armored truck accidentally spilled $600,000 onto a highway.
Man steals $1.2 million in fajitas over 9 years
- A robber used a clear water bottle wrapper as a mask.
- A University of Utah art student creates a “cry closet” to help students.
- A man stole $1.2M worth of fajitas in a scam.
Man creates and pilots a 28-foot-tall robot
- Masaaki Nagumo has created a 28-foot-tall robot based on “Mobile Suit Gundam.”
- Two dinosaur fossils were auctioned off as decorating objects for over $4 million.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s relation is adapted to a comic book.
Two airline pilots report a UFO sighting over Arizona
- Face yoga is a new exercise meant to make you look younger.
- Two pilots reported UFO flying 2000 – 3000 feet above them.
- A pop-up museum in California is all about selfies.
Flat Earther launches himself in homemade rock
- Wisconsin police chased a man drunk driving a dump truck.
- “Mad Mike” Hughes launched himself in a homemade rocket to prove the Earth is flat.
- A group of garbage collectors formed a band using trash cans.
3 tons of gold bars spill out of Russian cargo plane
- Over 172 gold bars fell out of a cargo plane.
- Finland is the happiest country in the world… fine.
- A scammer posed as Blake Shelton on Facebook to get money.
Thief struggles to steal gumball machine
- Security footage caught a thief trying to take a gumball through a doggy door.
- A former student at Hunter College has been squatting in her dorm for close to 2 years.
- Self-driving cars are being attacked by human beings.
Drunk teenager steals patrol car
- A drunk 16-year-old took off with a corporal’s squad car.
- Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream was arrested at a protest.
- A man accidentally racked up a $1,635 bill on a 3 hour Uber ride.
7th Grader Creates Fake School System
- A Philadelphia company bought billboards in Cleveland to persuade Lebron James to come to the 76ers.
- A man got a DUI after riding a horse onto a freeway.
- A 7th grader’s fake school system was briefly recognized as legitimate by the Indiana Department of Education.
Cartoonish sketch helps police ID suspect
- Michael Haddock’s dog, Ryder, has somehow been granted unemployment benefits.
- A child in Florida got stuck inside a claw machine.
- Police in Lancaster, PA were able to ID a suspect after seeing a simple witness sketch.
Nissan unveils new self-parking slippers
- Jordy Demcher spent the nights before the Super Bowl guarding the Rocky statue from potential vandalism.
- A couple in Florida is being fined $100 a day for having a Van Gogh mural painted on their home.
- Nissan has implemented their self-parking technology into slippers.
12 camels disqualified from beauty pageant for Botox use
- The U.S. military has discovered that fitness tracking app reveals the location of their bases.
- The Atlanta Braves have a new mascot and it looks similar to the Phillie Phanatic.
- A dozen camels were disqualified from Saudia Arabia’s annual camel beauty pageant because they were injected with Botox.
Candlelight vigil held for burned-down Taco Bell
- A viral ASMR video helps viewers feel relaxed.
- Citizens in Montgomery, Alabama held a vigil to remember their lost Taco Bell.
- The Pope performed an impromptu wedding ceremony for two flight attendants mid-flight.
Man declared dead snores right before autopsy
- Knights in full armor compete in medieval tournament.
- A massive indoor water park opens in Texas.
- Gonzalo Jiménez’s autopsy was halted when he was heard snoring.
Cleveland Browns fans celebrate 0-16 season with parade
- Cleveland Browns fans threw a parade to protest their team’s winless season.
- A criminal got locked in the store he was trying to rob.
- A Cleveland town is so overrun with aggressive turkeys that the post office stopped service.
Best of 2017
We asked you to vote for your favorite stories of 2017! Here are the top 3!
“Harambe Kong” video game sparks controversy
- San Francisco police received a bazooka-style rocket launcher at a gun buyback event.
- New arcade game is based on Harambe, the ape that was shot at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Candytopia is a pop-up art exhibit where all of the pieces are made out of candy.
Man tightrope walks across the Tiber River
- Andrea Loreni tightrope walked the width of the Tiber River.
- A couple in Colorado was targeted by a scammer pretending to be a part of the show Property Brothers.
- A drunk driver in New Jersey did not notice the traffic sign sticking through the sunroof of her car.
16-year-old builds rollercoaster in his backyard
- A man stole $400 worth of jerky from a convenience store.
- A bakery in Finland is making bread using flour ground from crickets.
- 16-year-old Logan Moore of Kentucky built a wooden rollercoaster in his backyard.
Travelers can ride this motorized luggage like a cart
- Modobag introduces a new motorized luggage that’s rideable.
- A restaurant in Italy only seats two people.
- Albie Mushaney is a bodybuilding Santa Claus.
What Did We Miss? Flat Earth Convention held in Cary, NC
- Globe deniers gathered in Cary, NC for a flat Earth conference.
- NYPD are looking for a woman who shipped two stolen photographs back to the museum.
- Police in Mississippi are pulling people over to surprise them with a free Turkey.
What Did We Miss? Hidden chamber discovered in Great Pyramid of Giza
- A new void has been discovered inside the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
- Wisconsin police responded to call about a, uh… chicken crossing the road.
- Check out Bonetics, a break dancer with a mesmerizing and unique style.
What Did We Miss? Man flies in chair tied to 100 helium balloons
- Todd Morgan flew for 15.5 miles by attaching helium balloons to a chair.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder’s plane got a massive dent on the nose and it’s not clear why.
- A Wisconsin man spent the night drinking in a store’s locked beer cooler.
Intoxicated man tries to steal fire truck
- A man tried to steal a fire truck immediately after getting into an accident.
- Thousands dressed up and ran in the “Where’s Waldo 5K”
- Scientists have designed a new program to get crows to throw away cigarette butts.
Microsoft builds treehouse offices
- Microsoft has built treehouses for their employees to work in.
- The Lucca Orchestra was conducted by Yumi, a dual-armed robot.
- Kittie Weston-Knauer is the oldest female BMX racer at 69 years old.
Cop shoots at actor who was playing a robber
- Ken Ayers, Jr. is the new “Lionfish King” after killing 1250 lionfish in a 4 month challenge.
- Officers mistook a film set for an actual robbery and fired at an actor.
- A high school was evacuated due to a strange smell that turned out to be a pumpkin spice air freshener.
Giant puppets roam the streets of Geneva
- Headland, Alabama is holding a scarecrow contest.
- 2 giant puppets of a grandmother and her granddaughter walked the streets of Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Gilmore Car museum is letting visitors drive a Ford Model T.
Machete-wielding woman wants the Kardashians to ‘Stay away from Cuba’
- Maricia Medrano stormed the Kardashians’ DASH boutique and warned the family would be killed if they don’t “Stay away from Cuba”
- An Australian man rode the train on the outside by holding onto the windshield wiper.
- A group of people just finished spending 8 months in a Mars simulation in a dome in Hawaii.
Teen crashes forklift into gas station out of spite
- A 14-year-old runaway steals a forklift and crashes it into a gas station.
- Police chase a runaway kangaroo.
McDonald’s sells the very last McPizza
- An update on the mysterious object found on the beach
- McDonald’s has completely stopped selling the McPizza, which was discontinued in all but 2 stores 20 years ago.
11-year-old girl flips house to save for college
- American Nicholi Rogatkin won the Red Bull District Ride Best Trick contest in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Close to a thousand people clashed in Las Vegas when a man started throwing several $100 bills in the air.
- 11-year-old Madison Bue bought a house and is renovating it so she can sell the house and use the profits for her college fund.
Couple visits all 645 Cracker Barrels in the U.S.
- Ray and Wilma Yoder of Indiana have visited every Cracker Barrel in the United States.
- Matt “Aristotle” Burns defended his title at the World Air Guitar Championships.
- Two cats have inherited $300,000 from their late owner.
Chimps can play rock-paper-scissors
- Unity, Maine celebrated it’s annual Axe & Saw Day.
- Chimpanzees can understand rock-paper-scissors.
- The town of Malmedy, Belguim used 10,000 eggs to create a giant omelette.
Mysterious metal object found on beach
- The 4th annual waterfall jumping contest in Jajce, Bosnia
- An unidentified metal object can be seen at low tide at a beach in Rhode Island
- An artist who creates his sketches using tobacco and gunpowder
Chefs wear scrubs in operating room themed restaurant
- An Egyptian restaurant is themed around operating rooms. Chefs dress in scrubs and serve liver sandwiches. Nothing else.
- The world’s largest bouncy house is now on tour!
- A father in Iowa converted part of his farm land into a baseball field.
Car has been stuck in tree for over 3 decades
- A car in Abbeville, LA that has been stuck in a tree for over 30 years. Residents have finally learned why.
- The rising popularity of drone racing.
- Mexican chefs have prepared the largest sandwich ever made in Latin America. It is 220 feet long!
Creepy Clown Motel next to cemetery up for sale
- 37th Annual Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest
- A mansion for sale that is completely filled with mannequins.
- The Clown Motel in Tonopah Nevada which is now for sale.
Angry Taco Bell Customer destroys restaurant
- A salt and pepper shaker convention. Yes, a whole convention. A convention for salt and pepper shakers
- A man loses it and smashes things at a Taco Bell.
- A group of Egyptian students called “Egyptian Big Hero 6” have invented a robot that makes cotton candy all on it’s own.
Several compete in “cluck off” at the Annual Chicken Show
- Wayne, Nebraska held their 37th Annual Chicken Show which includes a chicken flying contest and a cluck off.
- Thanks to a false rumor, hundreds of people in Memphis believed that NBA star Zach Randolph would pay for their utilities.
- A couple finally removed the alarm clock that was trapped inside their wall and going off daily for 13 years.
New device turns songs into flavored drinks
- Madison, Wisconsin held their annual log rolling championship.
- A war memorial in Indiana had a misspelled engraving for the “War on Terriorism”.
- A new device called “Squeeze Music” takes songs and then mixes drink based on the song’s emotions.
Car thieves busted after awful paint job
- Addison Joy’s stolen SUV was spotted by police because of the the thieves awful spray paint job.
- Check out the newest innovation to cornhole: electronic boards.
- Paris held their first ever Beard Championship.
3 Teen cadets stole LAPD squad cars
- Three teenagers in the LAPD cadet program gamed the system to steal 3 police vehicle as well as radios and stun guns.
- “Sometimes Spouse” is a company that lets you rent either a husband to do handy work or a wife to clean your home.
- Katerina Soldatou performed an extreme aerial silk routine while hanging from a bridge as part of her “Greece has soul” series.
“French Spider-Man” scales 29 story building without a harness
- Police in Racine, Wisconsin train their K-9 units by taking them through a haunted house.
- A pet tortoise is found after running away from home for the third time.
- Alain Robert, aka French Spider-Man, climbed up a 29-story hotel in Barcelona without any equipment.
Dr. Seuss museum opens in Springfield, Massachusetts
- Augusta, Maine’s City Hall had to be sprayed for pests after a disgruntled man slammed down a cup filled with over 100 bedbugs.
- Noblesville Boys and Girls Club in Indiana held a bed racing tournament.
- A furniture store has changed their name to “Netflix and Chill Furniture Store.”
- A new Dr. Seuss museum has opened in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Homer Simpson inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame
- The Baseball Hall of fame in Cooperstown, NY held an induction ceremony for Homer Simpson to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Simpsons episode “Homer at the Bat”.
- Ryan Belz set the new record on “The Price is Right” for Plinko with a win of $31,500.
- Gurchran Singh and Parvinder Chahal, a married couple in New York, chased a pair of robbers out of their convenience store using a bat and a stick.
Over 7000 roosters found in largest cockfighting ring bust in US history
- The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department conducted the largest cockfighting ring bust in US history.
- A Canadian miner found a fossil that turned out to be a Nodosaur, a previously undiscovered dinosaur species.
- A new food delivery service utilizes roving robots.
Man gets ticket for hitting goose with plastic bat to defend son
- A tanker in Philadelphia leaked chocolate onto the road.
- A father got ticketed for animal cruelty after protecting his son from an angry goose.
- Meet Kinyah Briggs-Bean, the 8-year old CEO of BChill lemonade.
Mom pulls gun on barber when son’s haircut takes too long
- A mom pulled a gun on a barber-in-training for taking too long with her son’s haircut.
- A public restroom in New York City gets a $300 makeover.
- Two eighth graders won a science fair by proving fast food burgers do not decay over time.
Someone is shaving other people’s cats
- This week there’s a random cat shaver in Virginia.
- A New Jersey florist is in trouble for regularly stealing flowers from a nearby cemetery.
- Parents at an elementary school aren’t happy that the principal set up a “smash space” for teachers to let out stress.